The Lifestyle Clinic aims to provide prevention programmes for persons at risk of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases, persons with overweight and obese, lack of physical activity, consume unhealthy food, have a family history of diabetes, are suffering from psychological stress and are smokers. The Lifestyle Clinic comprises of specialist internal medicine and diabetology, dietician, obesity surgery and Wellness/Spa.
- Get a healthy one behavior that will become a part of daily life
- Increase in physical activity, healthy balanced diet, proper night sleep, stress managment and adequate fluid intake
Diabetes and Diabetic Foot Clinic
- Your contact for the diagnosis and therapy of diabetes mellitus
- The blood sugar balance is influenced by many circumstances. In some people, the metabolism must be perfect, in others are also strong deviations of blood sugar without consequences. To achieve the agreed goal, general measures and medicines are used. The stronger they work, the more reasonably they have to be applied. The metabolic goal, the methods used and the effort you need to be reconciled. New technical developments and new drugs make everyday life much easier.
- Our goal is that you have the attitude yourself under control and minimize the risk of secondary diseases as much as you deem appropriate after proper information. During this process, sometimes referred to as “diabetes adjustment”, we continually check to see if the methods and outcome are still appropriate and adapt them as needed.
- In weight problems, we are undogmatic and very individual. We prefer diabetes medicines that are more likely to
promote weight loss.
The following procedures are available in diabetology:
- Individual treatment of diabetes by diet, tablets and / or insulin, especially in complicated cases, severe insulin resistance, sharply fluctuating blood sugar levels, frequent hypoglycemia.
- Therapy for diabetes-related nerve pain (diabetic polyneuropathy)
- Therapy optimization of diabetes mellitus during pregnancy
- Eye analysis for suspected diabetic eye damage ( forwarding to our cooperation clinic Magrabi)
- Special urine tests for diabetes-related kidney problems
- 24-Holter ECG
- 24-hour blood pressure measurement
- Ultrasound procedures such as Doppler and color duplex sonography of the arteries and veins (e.g., aorta, carotid artery, legs, kidneys) suspected of circulatory disorders; Abdominal ultrasound (abdominal sonography)
Diabetic Foot Clinic:
Diabetic foot syndrome is a disease that occurs in the late stages of diabetes and is usually due to a combination of diabetes-related nerve damage and severe circulatory disorder. The challenge at DFS lies in its early detection and treatment. Due to the diminished or even missing perception of pain, the affected person often notices the wounds late. The presentation to the doctor usually takes place in an advanced stage, with chronic wounds and pronounced malpositions. Wound healing often becomes difficult and may take a long time. Failure to timely or incorrect treatment may result in loss of toes, foot or even leg. The ultimate goal of our treatment is to avoid amputations. Only through an interdisciplinary approach, which requires the cooperation of diabetologists, specialized wound surgeons, interventional radiologists, vascular surgeons and wound managers, can be achieved in this complicated clinical picture improvement and usually prevent amputation yet. Because all the medical disciplines mentioned are working together in close cooperation with us, we can offer you highly effective therapy without long waiting times.
The following procedures are available in diabetic foot clinic:
- Interdisciplinary Therapy of Diabetic Foot Syndrome and Diabetic Neuro-Osteo-Arthro-Pathia (DNOAP) (in cooperation with the German Hospital St.Vinzenz Hospital Cologne)
- Interdisciplinary therapy of chronic wounds, such as in lower leg ulcers (ulcus cruris)
- Extremity-preserving surgery in a leg threatened by amputation
- Stage-appropriate wound treatment with partial use of vacuum pump therapy or mad therapy
- Skin transplantation and plastic-surgical reconstructive treatment, partly in cooperation with plastic surgery for large wounds
- Immediate care with Pulseflow DF / FOOTforte or Cast boot or Wound care shoes or Total Contact Cast
- Drug interventions: antibiotic therapy, pain therapy, platelet aggregation inhibition
General Internal Medicine:
- Thyroid disorders
- Endocrinological Tests ( ACTH Test, Dexa-Test, etc.)
- Lipid disorder
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Bronchial Asthma & other Lung Diseases
- Gastro-Intestinal Diseases
- Respiratory, Urinary & other Infections