Robotic urological surgery
Robotic Urological Surgery – Urology with the increasing use of robotic assistance is becoming a most technology-driven specialty.
Urology also is known as genitourinary surgery, is the branch of medicine that focuses on surgical and medical diseases of the male and female urinary-tract system and the male reproductive organs as defined by Wikipedia.
Minimally invasive laparoscopic or robotic surgery has replaced conventional open surgery. In open surgery, large incisions were made in the skin and body of patients in order to see and perform the surgery efficiently. But with the da Vinci technology, a few small incisions are enough to carry out the whole surgery.
Laparoscopic surgery allows surgeons to use unique tools with long hands to perform surgery. The tools enable surgeons to see a laparoscope on a video screen.
The main components of a da Vinci system are patient-side cart, surgeon console, as well as vision cart. A da Vinci system is designed in such a way so that surgeons can perform surgeries with utmost precision and get into the body of the patient without actually doing that.
Robotic Urological Surgery is used often in urological disorders.
- Robotic Prostatectomy: radical prostatectomy, Earlier done with conventional techniques is now using robotic assistance. Robotic prostatectomy has been able to perform nerve-sparing, or erectile function preserving, with a reduction in blood loss and scarring. Today most of the prostatectomies are performed with robotic assistance.
- Partial and Total Nephrectomy: Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy with the assistance of robots provides the effectiveness of an open surgery in a safe way. Without affecting the surrounding kidney tissues, the renal tumors can be removed effectively.
- Cyst Removal: surgery to remove a cyst from kidney
- Cystectomy: bladder surgery. Robotic-assisted cystectomy is a minimally invasive surgical method for the treatment of bladder cancer.
- Pyeloplasty: surgical reconstruction of the renal pelvis
- Ureteral Implantation: Fix the tubes that connect the bladder to the kidneys.
This urological robotic surgery in Dubai is used for many disorders and conditions like nephroureterectomy, robotic partial nephrectomy, radical cystectomy for bladder cancer, radical nephrectomy, robotic intracorporeal urinary diversion and many more. Commonly called urological conditions are:
- Female incontinence
- Ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction
- Vesicoureteral reflux
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlargement)
- Ureteral stricture (obstruction)
The urological disorder includes urinary tract infections, kidney stones, bladder control problems, and prostate problems, among others. The robotic system has led to minimally invasive surgeries and has revolutionalized medical treatments of complex body disorders.
The da Vinci system has revolutionized not only urology but gynecology and other realms of medical treatment also. But it had a great impact on urological procedures. Today many leading robotic surgery hospitals are using the da Vinci for carrying out various surgeries with precision and minimally invasive.
The systems with robotic surgery in Dubai are going to get more developed in the future and we would be able to implement them in almost every type of disorder and disease treatment. There are a few disadvantages if robotic surgeries, but most surgeons believe that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages drastically.