Liposuction - Liposculpture Treatment
Liposuction Surgery in Dubai
Liposuction, commonly known as liposculpture, involves removing unwanted subcutaneous fat while simultaneously re-contouring to create a more aesthetically appealing body.
While not a treatment for obesity, liposuction- liposculpture selectively removes persistent and unwanted subcutaneous fat.
Bothersome fatty deposits are found in areas that are resistant to diet and exercise, such as the face, neck, breast, abdomen, upper arm, hips, thighs, knees, and ankles. Liposuction-liposculpture can be performed on multiple areas at one time your surgeon will follow accepted guidelines regarding safe volumes which may be removed in one session.
While goals include size improvement, this procedure is not for weight loss. Final results may not be evident for 6 months following your procedure. During this time your body balances fluids and the skin and remodels underlying tissues. Final results also depend on proper nutrition, exercise and decreasing your caloric intake.
Small incisions are made in hair bearing areas or natural skin folds. A special tumescent solution is next placed within the fatty areas to be removed. This solution provides anesthesia to the areas, while limiting the usual blood loss. Fat is then carefully removed from the areas of concern to the patient using a surgical instrument called a cannula, which is attached with tubing to a suction machine.
The time for completion of the procedure depends upon the total amount of fatty tissue removed. At the end of the procedure, the skin openings may be sutured or left open to heal, depending on the size of the openings. The patient may be placed in a compression garment that is worn for certain amount of time afterwards.
While recovery is easy, you should expect some initial drainage along with swelling, bruising and discomfort. Your compression garment will minimize the swelling, bruising, discomfort and assist in the retraction of any loose skin.
While some results are noted immediately, your final shape and form will continue to improve as your swelling subsides. You will be encouraged to be up and about the night of your surgery and progressively increase your activities. Usually light work duties may be resumed within three to five days and vigorous exercise within two to four weeks.
Who is a candidate?
- Women and men desiring an improved facial, neck, breast, body or leg shape.
- Patients of most ages who are healthy.
- Patients who realize that this is not a weight loss procedure.
- Liposuction-liposculpture is usually performed under local or conscious sedation, in an approved outpatient facility.
- The incisions are small and heal with minimal scars.
- Patients may be placed in a special support (compression) garment at the end of the procedure.
Recuperation and healing
- You will be discharged home to the care of a responsible adult.
- You are encouraged to be up and about the first night.
- Some blood tinged drainage is expected for usually the first several days.
- Light household duties may be resumed in several days.
- Most patients resume standard pre-operative activities with 2 to 4 weeks after their surgery.
- Laser assisted liposcuction-liposculpture.
- Vaser and ultrasonic assisted liposcuction-liposculpture.
The specific risks and suitability of this procedure for a given individual can only be fully determined at the time of consultation with your cosmetic surgeon. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications which do not affect the overall cosmetic results occur occasionally. Major complications are rare.
Book an appointment to consult with our lipo experts in Dubai